RAF Forklift Services has a comprehensive fleet of hire machinery and is a leading supplier of gas and diesel forklift trucks, reach trucks and other material handling equipment. The machinery in the hire fleet is in good condition and is ready for almost immediate delivery. We offer:
- Competitive pricing
- Daily, weekly or monthly hire
- A wide range of forklifts to meet your specific material handling requirements
- Reliable machinery
- Transport to and from your depot
- Quick and efficient turn-around times in dealing with issues
Short term hire
Our short term rental extends over any period from 1 day to 3 months.
Long term hire
Our long term rental extends over 3 months to 1 year whereby which the contract may be extended upon re-negotiation.
Safety guidelines to consider
- For safety reasons it is recommended that the forklift is operated by a certified forklift operator.
- Operators of all machinery shall ensure that they are aware of the visibility restrictions of the machine.
- Familiarise yourself with the machine before operating it.
- Do not operate a machine with a fault that affects the safe operation thereof.
- Be aware of the maximum load capacity of the machine and do not exceed this.
- Park a machine properly, place gearbox in neutral, switch off ignition and lower the forks to the ground.
- Always operate at a travelling speed consistent with safe driving conditions.
- Never allow anyone to stand or walk under a raised load.
- Do not operate a machine on other than firm level surfaces except under special conditions.
- When working on ramps and travelling on inclines, use the brake pedal - not the inching pedal.
- Always use the controls gently - stop, start or turn the machine carefully.
- Operate at a safe distance or slow down and sound warnings.
- Never change travel direction unless the machine has first been brought to a standstill. Do not spin the drive wheels.
- Allow yourself room for manoeuvring - allow for rear end swing - especially when people are in the area.